What’s happened to winter? So far it hasn’t turned out as predicted. This week it’s been in the 40’s and possibly 50’s come this weekend.
I found ticks on Roxie and Max. The lilac tree has buds on it!! What the heck has happened to winter??!!?
I like the snow. I love skiing - cross country and downhill. I’m hopeful it will snow again. The past couple of years we’ve had early March snow..so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Even though this winter has been mild you still need to take extra care of your skin, especially if you live in a cold climate.
I know this and I haven't been following my own advice! I’ve been lazy at night. I haven't been washing my face and moisturizing it before getting into bed. Now I'm suffering. My face feels dry, tight and flaky. The skin on my hands and legs feel tight. And I don't have a jar of my sugar scrub in the shower!
You know the saying goes…the shoemaker doesn’t have shoes!
I don’t like it when my skin feels this way. It's way to tight and dry and feels like it could crack open. It doesn’t feel soft, and supple and I don’t feel comfortable in my own skin.
How could the creator of Made With Love Natural Skin Care products have dry skin? Good question! I realized I got so busy with doing other things I fell off the bandwagon of nourishing my skin, especially during the dry winter months.
Have you ever done that? You know what you need to do and for whatever reason or excuse (I’m too tired, I’ll do it tomorrow, I don’t have time) you don’t take care of whatever it is?
When this happens don’t beat yourself up. Just decide to take action at the moment and make time for you. This week I recommitted to me and this is what I did:
- Got a new humidifier for the bedroom. The old one went kaput.
- Washed my face at night with Succulent Foaming Face Wash, sprayed the Revive Rose Toner on and while my face was still wet massage a dab of The Revive Face Crème on my face.
- At the end of the week took the time for the Revive spa treatment. Facial steam, facial scrub, and facial clay masque is this routine. I used full-fat Greek yogurt as the wet medium to the dry clay masque. It comes dry so you have options with adding the wet medium.
- Made a sugar scrub FOR ME and scrubbed my dry, ashy skin!
- Drink more water. I’m aiming for 3 quarts of water. This time of year I don’t feel thirsty…got to remind myself to drink more. My skin benefits from this.
As you get older you get a bit dryer inside and out. Hormonal changes add to this and the reduction of collagen in the skin. If you want to age with a radiant glow take the time for you. You deserve it!