DIY Shaving Cream
Soft skin after shaving is achievable with the right products. However, weird foaming agents have antifreeze elements in you're shaving cream. Here’s a DIY alternative shaving cream that will nourish and protect your skin as well as get that close shave.
⅓ Cup of coconut oil
⅓ Cup of Shea butter
2 tablespoons of olive or jojoba oil
2 tablespoons of liquid Castile soap
- Get a small saucepan and melt the Shea butter and coconut oil (lowest heating setting) and stir until melted.
- Add which ever oil you chose (olive or jojoba) and stir! Then remove from heat
- Transfer the mixture to another bowl or jar and place into fridge until solid.
- After it becomes solid, take it out of the fridge and whip it using either a hand mixer or stand mixer. Whip until fluffy for 3-4 minutes then add Castile soap and fully whip it.
- Place into an airtight container and store in a cool and dry location.
- When applied, make sure it’s a thin layer (texture is cross between shaving oil and soap)